Monday, October 14, 2013

Week Thirty Seven!

Hola!

Well oh well oh well! Things is all good heeuh in duh Ahcahdeeuh Citay. (spoken with a jamaican accent. Have Bryan say it for you or something.) But yep we just be chillin doing that missionary work thing on the daily. It's a lifestyle. Ya know.

SO! Since not much happens here....(and still not much has happened to change that) I can just tell you random facts! 

Random Fact #1: After my training I started to read the BoM in spanish without anything else but a dictionary. And now, after 3 and a half transfers I'm in Ether! So I'll hopefully finish reading it by the end of this transfer so that'll only be 4 transfers! Yeah...6 months...but it's in Spanish okay! I can read about as fast in Spanish than in English though so that's fun. 

#2: I gave a talk in church yesterday! It was about repentance and baptism. Pretty fun. Totally in English so not bad at all. Spirit was awesome during that meeting. The lady before me did way good about the Atonement and reaching out to others. And the Sacrament was blessed by a kid who's family was inactive (but now reactivated) and he just got the priesthood two weeks ago. Pretty cool meeting! Maybs I'll send you my talk through the mail. Not gonna do anything else with it!

#3: I went on an exchange with Elder McKenna (one of the ZL's we live with) on Saturday. It was pretty fun, he came Spanish with me. E. Lids went English. He saw how much the circumstances here are hard and he told me that they had talked with the AP's about that it would be better if there was only one companionship in Arcadia. So...area closing in two weeks? We'll see what happens there! 

#4: We were in the newspaper! The Arcadian. Maybe can find it on the internet? If this place has internet capabilities? But yeah a lady did an article about us four missionaries.

#5: I did get a haircut! Elder Kenyon took a buzzer to me. It was shorter than I'd ever seen it. Like 5 year old Elder Davies status. But now it's growing back.

#6: I have now converted from the deodorant with mixed deodorant and antiperspirant to just normal nice soft and smooth deodorant!

#7: I got a new nice journal out here for my study journal where I take all my notes. I've just been using a spiral notebook. I'm steppin up my game. Makin it so it'll last a while and I can go back and read and study my notes from conferences and meetings and studies.

#8: I totally ate fried okra out here. Probs something I'm never going to eat again. 

#9: Every time I've had real legit mexican food out here I've wanted to barf, whereas in my other area I couldn't get enough of it...."Arcadia"

So yep! Just some fun facts! We go out to eat a lot here. Wendy's, Taco Bell, Dominos, McDonalds, Burger King, Arby's, Chic-fil-a, Checkers. Needless to say.......I'm fat. 

Sounds like y'all had a boss awesome week! And are gonna have another one! Keep informing me of your missionary experiences each week! It's awesome to hear about them. 

Live Hard,
Love Hard,
Laugh Hard,

Elder Bryson Davies

No comments:

Post a Comment